1. My username is sailornash
for no real reason other than that was the name that stuck. The full story is that back in the day, I had an AOL account and created the maximum number of usernames just to have five seperate email accounts. My RPG mailing lists went to one, Anime ones to another, one for school, one for chatting, and so on. Most of these names weren't terribly clever, though I have a severe dislike of using random numerals and characters such as x0--SCREENNAME--0x
. So, I used the most unlikely of combinations from two completely unrelated fandoms: Kevin Nash
of nWo fame, and the prefix "Sailor" to represent my obsession with Anime in general and Sailor Moon in particular. In retrospect, maybe I shoulda made it "Sailor Venis" for the obvious pun, but it made more sense at the time to use two of my favorites. Long story short, I ended up using that email address as an AIM name temporarily until I could think of a good one, but it has since stuck. And while it's aggrivating how people call me "Sailor" and/or automatically assume that I'm female (especially on Anime forums), I'm so used to folks calling me Nash that it's kinda hard to go with a new name now. Besides, the good thing is that this name is always
available, no matter which site I may visit.
2. My journal is titled "Damage Control". Why? Cause everything in this world seems to boil down to damage control. Story of my life. And hence, the title of my weblog. Besides, I've always wanted to use that for the name of the website I never created. But I doubt I'd really update/manage a full-blown webpage the way I do this journal, and since it's paid for, it's pretty much the same anyways.
3. My subtitle changes on a whim. It's almost always some random snippet of something that either describes me, my life, my outlook on life, or my journal. More times than not it's a song lyric of some sort.
4. My friends page is called "The Friends in Low Places". Cause by and large that's what y'all are, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I admire real, genuine, down-to-earth people whom I respect for who they are far more than I do someone with a fancy title who really has nothing else besides that.
5. My default userpic is Ala-fucking-BAMA! Don't know why, especially
since the "extreme eyeball closeup" thing is horribly overdone on LiveJournal, but I really like my Big Al staredown pic.
Tags: info, lj, meme, personal
Current Mood: bored