I'm talkin' to Sage up in Alaska. It's a flat 29 degrees way up there in the frozen tundra...and it's 32 here with a windchill of 26.
Yes. It's warmer in fucking ALASKA than it is here on the (usually) warm and sunny Gulf Coast. ::shivers::
1) Interview was postponed until this afternoon at 2pm. Could have gone better, but didn't go badly. While I'm good at off-the-cuff questions, I have a tough time answering these prepared and open-ended ones. "Describe a time in which you started a project and saw it through to completion." Erm...that'd be all of them. I very seldom start writing code, and then a few hundred lines into it stop and walk away, leaving a screen full of uncompilable fragments. Bah. I stumbled while thinking of what to say, but once I picked a topic and ran with it, it turned out well except for some nervous stuttering. Damn, I am out of practice. Good news though is that I've moved on to round two, where I have an hour long interview with two of the business manager-type people.
2) Test that was originally scheduled for today was pushed back till Friday. A little nervous about this one, as it will be one grade for the entire class. I normally only miss one or two questions, but for the next exam we each jot down what we think the answer is, and the professor writes each response on the board. The class then votes on it, and majority rules. Right or wrong, that's the answer that gets graded. Might be easy if everyone studies up, but the nature of the test is trick questions...several times when the class was preparing for previous tests by hollering out answers almost like a barroom trivia game, the bulk of the class fell for some of these trick questions on more than one occasion. Oh well, here's to hoping for the best.
3) Think I freaked Joe out a little tonight. He was really into Akira and DBZ and Vampire Hunter D. He's an ex-soldier. He's a biker. I gave him a pretty good sampling of Anime last time, comedies and shoujo and drama and action and what have you. While looking at the DVD case for Iria, he made the comment that he knew he was going to like that one, cause there's a picture of a girl in the shower. So, I passed him Devil Hunter Yohko in the next care package I made for him. Seems he did not like the sex scene at all, and ended up turning it off 10-15 minutes into that first episode. Not only that, but he was telling some of the other classmates that I was giving him pornos or something. ::sweatdrops:: Kris is an Anime fan, so I'm sure he didn't think anything bad when Joe was telling him about the gratuitous panty shots (a staple of the entire genre), but as he has never seen Yohko before I'm sure he thinks I tried to show Joe F3 or Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.
4) Da Vinci's Notebook kicks a significant amount of ass.
5) Good God, it's cold out there tonight. (At least I remembered to stop by the store on the way home from class and buy myself a pair of slippers, at least.) February won't get here soon enough...